Orlando Math Circle (OMC) recognizes the role social media plays in modern communication. As such, we respect the right of volunteers, board members, vendors, contractors, and participants to use social networks for self-publishing and self-expression while adhering to our organizational guidelines.
As an OMC volunteers, board members, vendor, contractor, or participant, your commentary is not only a direct reflection of you personally but also our brand. Commentary that is considered defamatory, obscene, proprietary or libelous by any offended party could subject you to personal liability and damage Orlando Math Circle’s reputation. Once it’s on the Internet, it’s there forever.
- We do not distinguish between “personal time” and “work hours” usage, or personal devices and organization-provided equipment. You are at all times a representative of OMC, regardless of how or when you are posting on social media.
- Engaging with and sharing content posted by OMC-branded accounts is encouraged and appreciated.
- Engaging personally with OMC stakeholders (donors, volunteers, board members, sponsors, vendors, etc.) is encouraged and appreciated.
- Representing yourself as an OMC employee, up to and including the use of our logos and branding, on you personal profiles is encouraged. Our Marketing/Communications department can provide you with suggested language, images and branding guidelines. Please adhere to them.
- The use of social media during “work hours” is left to the discretion of your supervisor. Any social media usage that distracts from work responsibilities will not be tolerated.
- Have a problem at work? Work it out in person. Airing your personal grievances on social media rarely leads to positive outcomes.
- Harassing, threatening, discriminating against or disparaging any individuals through social media will not be tolerated.
- Sharing any organization-privileged information, including copyrighted information or organization-issued documents, through social media will not be tolerated.
- Sharing photographs of other employees, clients, vendors, suppliers without their permission through social media is prohibited.
- You are to contact Margarita Azbel immediately if contacted by the media or press about any post that relates to Orlando Math Circle business.
Violations of any of the guidelines listed in this policy will be subject to corrective counseling and may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination or expulsion from the program. Where necessary, we will advise appropriate officials of any violations of law.
If you become aware of any violations of this policy you should report the violation to your supervisor or the Human Resources Department.
Nothing in this policy is intended to create a contract of employment or for the provision of any benefit, and this policy does not in any way alter the “volunteer” nature of employment with our organization.